Java, a tropical rainforest island of Indonesia, was the center of powerful Hindu-Buddhist empires. The origins of the name "Java" aren't clear, but some think it's named after the word jaú , which means "beyond" or "distant". In Sanskrit, yavameans barley, a plant that made the island famous. For us, our Java leggings, not only signify a place we may want to visit someday (hence the Gypsy Sol "wanderlust" collection), but also a tribal color palette we love and the coffee we like to sip (Indonesia was the fourth largest producer of coffee in the world in 2014). With coffee on our brains, we incorporated a burlap coffee bag texture with a Shibori-inspired tie dye pattern, in a color palette that reminds us of unpicked arabica berries, cherries and cacao beans (and beet root and turmeric lattes). Yum!
- Tummy Tucking High or Low Waistband Wearability
- Recycled Plastic Fabric (84% RPET, 16% Spandex)
- 4-Way Stretch - Freedom In Every Direction
- Luxurious, Form Fitting and Lightweight
- Quick Drying - Within Minutes Sweat Evaporates
- Moisture Wicking - Evenly Distributes Sweat Across The Surface